The World of Anora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slipping Through Town

+2
Jansaadi
Wren
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Slipping Through Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Slipping Through Town

Post by Diego Escalona Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:33 pm

As Ray left the room, Diego stretched every muscle in his body aching from the long swim between oceans just yesterday before he met back up with the others here at the inn. When he took to land again, he had decided to take on the elf form once more. A form he found himself growing comfortable with. Besides, he hadn't wanted to startle Anna by taking on a different form of a race she hadn't actually come across just yet.

Diego's thoughts wondered aimlessly, but he was startled from them when Acantha moved from Wren's lap with urgency, and Jansaadi stood abruptly from her spot, the window to the room being opened in a hurry. Jumping to his feet, Diego suddenly felt tense as strange voices, filtered through the usually quiet inn. A foreboding feeling in his gut told him Jansaadi was right, and they needed to move.

But, before he could make a sound, or move another muscle Wren's voice broke through the confusion, a sadness tinting his every word. Diego felt the fine hairs on his neck stand up as the boys words settled on the tense air of the room, shocked Diego turned to him, mouth agape to say something but before anything could come out, the boy with rage and tears stinging at his eyes, bolted from the room and out through the open window before any of the adults could do anything to stop him.

"Fuck. Anna. He didn't mean that. He's scared and confused."

Diego moved to the window quickly, one leg already hanging out before he turned back to the ladies.

"Jansaadi, I trust you still have the conch shell I gave you before we parted ways the other day? I suggest you two meet up with Ray, and the three of you find safety. I'm going after Wren. Whoever that is downstairs, is after him. He can't be alone."

Swinging his other leg out of the window, he perches preparing for the drop below and before he vanishes from sight, he speaks once more. "Jan, contact me when you are safe. And ladies? Be careful. We don't know what we're getting involved in." Without waiting for a response from the others Diego drops to the ground below, the impact hard but causing him little pain, with a quick glance about himself he darts off in the direction of the woods, hoping that he could catch up to Wren before anything else could go wrong.

Diego Escalona

Character sheet
Character Race: Merfolk of The Mirrored Sea
Companion: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Raystlin Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:23 am

Ray pauses in his stride and smiles to a degree and turns to the voice of the woman that was hidden under the cloak as his features as well hidden under his. His hands hidden under the cape part of the cloak.

The pressure of the rain feeling so very good on his clothing, almost so soothing to a degree.

"Can I help you miss?" His charm coming out.
Raystlin
Raystlin

Character sheet
Character Race: High Elf
Companion: To Be Announced Later

Back to top Go down

Post by Annamakia Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:20 am

Annamakia froze in shock as the accusations fell, the thought that she would endanger any elemental cut to the core. Before she could react however the boy was at the window and was away.

Diego's remark brought little reaction as 'she' felt that there must have been some truth to the words. 'Why was I singled out? What had I done to earn such distrust? Is this what impurities bring or had he bad experiences with others in the past? What did his mother tell him of the Five Peoples? Was it our dislike of "abominations" that led to this?' the thoughts battled themselves as the merman gave his instructions. Annamakia nodded.

The elementals eyes fell on Jansaadi, the few grains of sand falling from them tinted blue by the glow. "I am powerless out there in this weather. You find Raystlin if you can, I have to seek refuge..."

Looking down, Annamakia ran her fingers through the stone floor of the building. Sinking through would be simple, safety was not far away. She could only hope her friends could succeed at their tasks. That Diego could find the boy.
Annamakia
Annamakia
Admin

Character sheet
Character Race: Si'lat Elemental
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 am

The woman stood back a few steps from the man who seemed to wield charm. "My son is missing, having you seen him? He has white hair, he is what other's call an impurity." She waits, there seems to be no worry in her voice as one would expect there to be in a mother looking for her child.

Wren runs for the woods, Acantha waited for no one, she was out as soon as the boy was. Diego not but a moment later. As the boy ran, his senses would seem to falter. The shield for the rain failed and it pelted against his skin. A scream is heard in the background. Acantha hisses and she darts under the boys legs Let me take you. She speaks to Wren's mind.

As Diego caught the tail side of Acantha moving between Wren's leg he would also hear the scream. It mattered not though as the rain pelted Diego, he would feel the change of his imperfection almost stopping him in his tracks. His legs were changing and his fin would soon emerge.

Jansaadi looked at Anna. "I shall do my best. Be safe." The door swung open and Jansaadi knocked an arrow from her bow and let it fly. Not caring who came through that door. She to took off through the window. Her body landing with a slight bend in her knees. She ran with ease and stopped near Diego. "What is wrong with you?" She whispered as she hunkered down low.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:12 pm

As Wren runs from the pain and fear behind him, he hears something coming close, his mind is breached. Acantha has reached him and is speaking to his mind. She runs between his legs and Wren lands on her.

Wren hears the blood curdling scream and it sends shivers down his spine. "Acantha I'm scared! What the hell was that?? Oh god! Did they turn elementals?! Oh god! Acantha were gonna die, were gonna die!" Wren hugs Acantha while he crys.

Sent from Topic'it App
Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:48 pm

With in moments of Diego launching himself from the window in an effort to go after Wren he felt it. The rain, now a steady down pour pelted against his skin. His body faltered a searing pain began to flow through his veins. The legs he stood on began to wobble as shimmering scales of beautiful pastel colors started to emerge on the flesh. One by one the pain raged through him as skin turned to scale, and feet began to form a single fin. The agony of the forceful unexpected change shot across his face in silent waves.

He hadn't thought, he is normally so careful with such things. Always ahead of the weather, but his brain had completely shut out the consequences of his actions when the boy had fled from the safety of the group. He crumpled to the ground as flesh gave way to his natural form. The town around him bustled with the noise of people going back and forth, some stopped and stared, others whispered, more pointed. A spectacle of onlookers began to crowd around him as he withered on the ground, teeth clenched from the pain.

Snickers, or full on laughter at the dilemma he had caused himself, but not a single onlooker moved to help the man as his natural form took over his body. Did no one realize how painful such a thing was? He wondered to himself, eyes blurred with pain scanned the heavy crowd searching until a familiar voice filtered through the haze that was his mind. He looked up into the face of the wood elf he had befriended only days before, and relief flooded through him. Yet, he could not speak.

As the transformation of leg to fin finally made the last course through his body the pain began to subtly dull, though still evident on his face the haze in his mind began to clear. Before he could find his voice among the ragged sound of his breathing, a blood curdling scream filled the air. A sound so vicious his ears rang from it. His blood ran cold. Like someone had dropped a bucket of ice water over his head.

"We need to move. Now... I.." He looked down at himself cursing at the fin that replaced his feet, his eyes moving back to Jansaadi. "I.. need help.. please.. get me out of.. here..."
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Annamakia Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Shocked, Annamakia gazed towards the door to see who Jansaadi had fired at. Chances are it were these attackers, but it seemed wrong to hurt or kill someone without knowing who. Besides, these people were already dangerous. It would be good to know if they were likely to escalate things because of this encounter. Information was important and worth a risk, though Annamakia personally doubted they'd hurt her.

Rising to 'her' feet she peered towards the door. "Who are you? What are you doing?" the questions came as a demand.
Annamakia
Annamakia
Admin

Character sheet
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raystlin Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:48 pm

No worry, no concern in the woman's voice. Really this one needed better acting skills but for the moment Ray would play along though under his cloak his hand was already on the hilt of his blade ready to strike.

"I did see a boy fitting that description this morning but he headed towards the portal to Avallon in a huff." He speaks very calmly and slowly approaches but keeping himself very casual....like a snake poised to strike at the right moment.

He heard Diego's scream but could not pull himself from his act right now. Ray needed answers and it seemed either this one was either an idiot or something bad was fixing to happen.

"How long has your son been missing from you?" He asks curiously.
Raystlin
Raystlin

Character sheet
Character Race: High Elf
Companion: To Be Announced Later

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:31 pm

Acantha took off as, ignoring the sounds behind her as Wren landed on her body. Do not worry about what is behind us. Worry only about what is in front. We move forward never backward boy. She runs the magic off balancing her slightly before she balances herself with the new air pockets under her paws. Thank you. She mutters. Acantha hits the treeline and she haunches her body down for but the briefest of moments before she launches them into the trees. We stay out of sight until Jansaadi reaches out to me. I won't let harm come to you. As she jumped from limb to limb a branch broke under her footing and she fell. Stumbling herself forward and unable to catch the boy as he went flying off her back. Suddenly a group of men were surrounding them.

--------------

The people around Diego lite a fire under Jansaadi's skin as she whistled for Mal. Mal plowed through the crowd and pushed someone over. As she helped Diego onto Mal's back she turned and looked at all the people gathered. "How dare any of you!? You are all here for your own reasons, reasons that made you outcasts to your own kind and yet here you stand laughing like this is some sort of show! Shame to you all! Get out of here before my arrow finds marks on you all!" She knocked an arrow onto her bow to prove her point and the crowd dispersed.

She turned and looked at Diego. "Do you have to go back to the ocean or can you manage on Mal? We have to go after them. I can feel Acantha's fear." She steadies herself for a moment.

---------

The person that opened the door, smiled a wicked grin. He pulled the arrow from the wall. "Oh, well hello beautiful." His grin was filled with malicious. "You are quite the Elemental aren't you?" He moves into the room and closes the door behind him. "Do you not want to go out the window like your friends?" He walked around her, towards the balcony, watching what end of the commotion he could before he turned back to her. "Lovely storm isn't it? You elementals are quite good at making such magic. I wonder what you will make for me." His eyes are filled with such venom as he begins to close in on Anna.

-----------

The scream sounded from afar, not a scream from Diego but another else where. The woman looked at Raystlin. As he steps forward towards her, her cloak falls back and a dagger sits in her hand, aiming for his stomach as she cries out and makes to stab him.

-----------

That blood curdling scream that was heard through out the village caused many onlookers to scramble for a place to hide. It allowed anyone still about to start to pick up on the numbers the party might be up against. At least those still in the village.

Wren will notice they are not quite surrounded, but they are outnumbered. What will he do next?
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Acantha carries wren into the trees jumping from branch to branch. All of a sudden one branch snaps an they fall Wren land last. I struggle to get up out of the mud as see Acantha next to me.

As Wren looks around he notices there surround. "Acantha whatever happens it was awesome knowing you. Get as far away as you can get back to others just forget me. T-they w-will l-leave y-you a-alone." Wren is scared for his life he won't let Acantha get hurt.

Wren blinks an all of sudden Acantha is stuck in a net. "Acantha you will be fine I promise." Wren blacks out an his body turns to fire, anger an fear taking over him.

"YOU GUYS TAKE MY MOTHER AN NOW YOU WANT ME AN MY FRIENDS. YOU GUYS BETTER PUT UP A FUCKING FIGHT." Wren shoots flames at people near him. "ALL YOU WILL DIE. YOU CAN HURT ME BUT YOU DONT FUCKING HURT MY FRIEND'S AN FAMILY.

Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Everything started happening so fast that the sudden flurry of activity in the otherwise quiet town sent Diego's head spinning. He still couldn't believe he had been emotional enough to forget about the fucking weather. Felt himself bubbling with anger over the cruelness of the towns folk, on the island of misfits? An island full of half breeds and the unwanted and they had found his predicament funny?

As the pain subsided and scales glinted against the rain he looked over at the wood elf, eyes full of emotions and finally spoke. "I'll manage on Mal. We need to go after Acantha and Wren. And, we need to get Ray and Anna back, I don't have a good feeling about this turn in events."
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Annamakia Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:15 am

The man wasn't hurt then, though his tone when using the word beautiful was not pleasent. The fact that he closed the door was interesting, was it to prevent escape? If so then it also delayed any help he might receive, which means he must be overconfident.

"I am a Si'lat, thank you," Annamakia says to make conversation as she watches him stalk around the room. Blue eyes glancing for any sign of a weapon as he passes. "Why should I flee? Do you really believe that little dagger can cut stone?" the question is a simple one, laid out calmly. They would only fight if he wanted to anyway.

"What is it you want with the boy and his mother, or with me for that matter? Who sent you here? It is all very well to pick on a child you outnumber, but to start an incident with a whole group while in a public place?" Annamakia shakes 'her' head, "Someone must be putting you up to this and paying well I guess."
Annamakia
Annamakia
Admin

Character sheet
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:03 am

The flames seer from his body and Wren becomes like a torch. Fire flickers off his body, sparks lands around his feet and his feet seem to barely be touching the ground. Was this because of the air part of him? He seemed to float, into his mind though he hears words. Calm down young one. It is too soon for you to burn out. Acantha’s voice could be heard in his mind. She had easily made her way out of the net, though it did catch her by surprise.

She stands to her feet and stops in front of the boy, her body stance shows she is going to attack. But just as soon as the men circle them, they are gone. Back into the trees where they came from only moments before. I know not what is going on young one, but we must keep moving.

-------------------------------------------

Mal seemed to pick up just what Diego was saying and she waited for but a moment as he adjusted. Jansaddi gave Mal a wink and watched as the prized mare took off at a gallop. She knew where to go. Mal is bringing to Deigo, she has your trail Acantha, keep moving. Don’t stop for anyone.

Jansaddi watched as Mal left the sight. The rain became a drizzle and she looked up into the sky. She made out two bodies in the distance and from her angle she could tell one was the high elf who had yet to leave.

She made her way towards the pair and the woman’s eyes came up, meeting hers. They locked for but a moment before her hood went up and smoke filled the air. When it was gone so was the woman.

“Go Ray, we have it from here.” She replies to Ray as she walks up to him. The High Elf only nods and continues on his way. Jan moves back towards the hotel.

--------------------------------------

Meanwhile in the hotel room with Annamakia the man laughs. A laugh that would send chills up any normal person’s spine. “Si’lat? And here we thought you all went extinct.” He stands in her personal space, a hand moves to play with his beard. “This is no ordinary dagger my sweet. It is infused with magic, magic that can hurt elementals. You can ask the one that made this lovely storm for cover.” He smirks. “I wonder if it could hurt you. I would so enjoy finding out.” He steps back a moment and looks her over again. Walking around her once more, his hands touch her in places that perhaps a normal sane woman wouldn’t allow.

“As for your questions, I will only answer them if you come with me. You wish the boy to stay safe yes? I know his mother does. Her screams are so beautiful.” His eyes are not soft in the slightest. They are filled with malice and hatred far beyond what one could guess. “You know not what our numbers or powers are. So how do you know that you are not the ones outnumbered and outsmarted? We found you did we not? We separated the entire group as well.” He sheathes the blade and looks at her as he opens the door.

“Come now Si’lat. If you seek your answers and want the boy safe, I suggest you do as you are told.” He walks out the door and waits to see if she will follow. Almost assured of the fact that she will.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 pm

Wren stares at Acantha an his body quickly starts to crumble like paper in the water."Acantha i-i don't feel to good." Wren starts to faint an his hood falls down causeing his face to be revealed.

The rain quickly puts out what is left of the fire around him. Leaving his body to get soaked.

Sent from Topic'it App
Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Annamakia Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:28 pm

Annamakia paused, whoever this was he was surprisingly confident and he and his fellows had decided to strike in a public area and against a full sized group. The way he moved closer and remarked on the dagger only amplified the concern.

"An ally of yours fashioned the storm?.." the question held less distance than before, nerves showing clearly. The elemental flinches away from the unwanted touch, any annoyance quickly squashed by other feelings amidst a swarm of thoughts. "You'll leave the boy be if I come with you?" the question comes before she moves a step towards the door. The answer would determine a lot.
Annamakia
Annamakia
Admin

Character sheet
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 pm

As Diego adjusted easily atop the mares back, he looked over to Jansaadi, by the look on her face she obviously had other plans and didn't intend to stay with him and her companion. In his current state, he couldn't argue how he felt this was a bad idea, and the steely look in her eyes meant she wouldn't listen to reason. So, instead he only nodded his silent agreement before giving the mare below him a firm pat on the neck, signaling that he was ready. "Be safe, and be quick." Where the only words the merman spoke before Mal took off in a steady gallop in the same direction that Acantha and Wren had darted off too earlier.

As they moved Diego dug into the saddle bags attached to the saddle that Mal wore, he smirked when his fingers felt the hilt of a hidden dagger, but it was not what he was searching for. "Mal, does your mistress carry anything other than wine and weapons on her adventures?" He chuckled mostly to himself as his free hand again patted the horse in a friendly way. Upon more deft searching of the bags, he finally found what he had been searching for just as the pair broke through the trees and into the thick forest. Unbeknownst to either of them that the sudden clearing of the rain was due to the fact that the boy had passed out from over exertion of his emotions. But, Diego was glad to be rid of it, the less wet he got, the better.

"Ah. Good, now let me get myself back in order. That display back there was highly disrespectful of all Merfolk. Don't tell anyone Mal, but I am sorely ashamed of how I handled that entire situation."  

Mal nickered in response, her ears perched high and eyes ever searching. Intent on finding her target, Diego knew she was searching for Acantha and Wren. How the two animals had such a connection was beyond him, but he found himself intrigued by it none the less. As the mare moved steadily through the brush of the forest, Diego busied himself with the cloth he had found earlier.

Though, he worked on drying the rain from his scales, he like his traveling companion stayed on high alert. Under cover of the trees, and safe from the rain. He found it odd that he was stuck toweling himself off, and wondered how long it would be before he could take the form of a land walker once more. Would it be hours, days, minutes? He wasn't sure. He had never undergone a forced change before, and he would make sure to never endure that again.

As his thoughts tumbled about, Mal threw her head back and neighed loudly before stamping her hoof into the ground. That was when the smell of fire struck at Diego's nostrils. "Hurry now Mal, that could be Wren! Let's go girl." Mal took off at high speed, and Diego only prayed to whatever God was listening that the boy and Acantha were alright.

After what felt like hours, but was only mere minutes Diego caught sight of the feline, and Mal once more nickered as she closed the distance between the two. Diego letting out a breathe he hadn't realized he was holding as an un-moving Wren is slumped over Acantha's large shoulders.

"Acantha! Thank the Gods. Is Wren alright? What happened? I smelled fire earlier...." Diego's words faltered and came to an abrupt stop when it suddenly dawned on him that he was throwing questions at Acantha, who couldn't speak to him in the same way she could speak with Jansaadi, after all the feline was not his companion but hers. Silently, he found himself cursing Jansaadi for leaving him in such a predicament. But, there was nothing he could do, and Acantha seemed to know what and where she was going. So, in silence he still perched on Mal's back let her lead the way.. though to where he had no idea.
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:04 pm

Anna had indeed left with the strange man and while Janasaddi was left looking through the room for any sign, the rain had settled.

Acantha made her way back to Jan, sending the danger had passed. Wren asleep on her back and Mal and Diego in tow.

It seemed everything had settled say for one companion. Upon arriving Diego was able to shift back with no real consequence.

[End thread]

It has been weeks since this little adventure ended. Everything has been quiet. I suggest letting characters get to know each other better.

Sent from Topic'it App
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum