The World of Anora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awakening of a... Goddess? [Ryiou & NPC Sun Elfs]

2 posters

Go down

Awakening of a... Goddess? [Ryiou & NPC Sun Elfs] Empty Awakening of a... Goddess? [Ryiou & NPC Sun Elfs]

Post by Ryiou The Black Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:25 pm

Ryiou woke to sunlight. Streaming, heated light streaming in upon his already heated form. Purple eyes blinked open as the sounds began to register. Soft, lyrical murmurs. Rising and falling, The scent of flowers and fruits heavy upon the airs.He snorted and a hush fell. A yawn-like rumble left his snout as he stretched and shifted. Metalic tinkling heard. He shook his large form as he rose up on all fours... it was still quiet.

Purple eyes fell upon those gathered and he stared at the elves gathered, their eyes large as they stared up at him. Then there was a flurry of activity. They all fell to their knees, posturing. Bowing down until their foreheads met the ground. This startled Ryiou and he shifted back. A robbed figure coming forward.

"Zaralight! Daughter of the Sun! We are blessed by your presence!" The elf in ridiculous robes cried out as he fell down as well to bow. "Please, Goddess of Warmth and Life, what can your humble servants do for you?"

The large dragon pulled back, one eyebrow ridge raising up in utter confusion. He then looked around him, trying to see who they were speaking to. There was no one else. Flowers, food, gold and gems galore... but no one they seemed to be addressing. So he looked back to them.

~What?~

Last edited by Ryiou The Black on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Awakening of a... Goddess? [Ryiou & NPC Sun Elfs] Empty Re: Awakening of a... Goddess? [Ryiou & NPC Sun Elfs]

Post by Isle Guardian Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:30 pm

The robed figured stepped through the crowd towards the large black dragon. "Zaralight, Goddess of Warmth and Life, you have blessed these children during their Rite of Passage, please pray tell us what we can do for you."

The figure far older then any elf in the area, dressed far more ridiculous, pulled back her hood to reveal an age beyond anyone's guess, her head bowed at the step of the shrine entrance.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Awakening of a... Goddess? [Ryiou & NPC Sun Elfs] Empty Re: Awakening of a... Goddess? [Ryiou & NPC Sun Elfs]

Post by Ryiou The Black Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Ryiou continued to be taken aback. Goddess? Him? He was mortified!  He drew back more from the ridiculous elf, as if she were a danger to him. As if her form of insanity was contagious.
Then he shifted. The Primal Energies surrounding his form as he shifted down. Eventually shrunken to his humanoid height. Devoid of clothing he stood at five feet and eleven inches. A slender yet tones form covered in the tribal scars that told his life's story as well as the scars from battle... all of which displayed in black likes as if inked into his alabaster colored skin.

He spread his arms wide to the side.

"As you can see, you imbeciles, I am very much male." He then looked over them all. "Are all of you using mind-altering herbs?"

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:40 pm

All the eyes in the crowd glanced upward at the sounds of movement. A scream was heard somewhere off in the distance and the elder woman held up a hand to the spectators. "Forgive us Zarlight, God of Warmth and Life. We were not privy to the orientation of the child of our Sun." Her hands motion up to the sun above them.

"We are simply your humble servants. Here to fulfill your words." She bows her head again to him, the crowd behind her bowing back down, their eyes back towards the ground, only a wayward child here or there still looking on in wonderment.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm

A brow rose up again as the woman so easily switched. It was... it was odd. All of this was odd. He stared at them with his purple slitted gaze. Stared silent for a long moment. Eventually meeting the stray child's gaze. Then looking back to the priestess, for that was what she had to be.

"I'm a dragon, you imbeciles. I was sleeping the Dragon Sleep. By Bathayd and Rindiss!" He shook his head and moved away, pausing only to drop a hand on the head of the one kid bold enough to keep looking before continuing on.

Stepping outside, still nude, he placed his hands on his hips and looked around. He really must have slept a while. This was, well... a civilization. Rudimentary around him, but the place he just left? It was old and had been repaired often. They did not create Anora with already made buildings, after all.

"I need clothes..."

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:55 pm

The Priestess smiled and nodded her head. "If that is what you say you are Zarlight, we heed your words." She steps aside as he moves. His hand touching the one child still standing. Her eyes went wide. That child would be meant for great things. Someone looked up to see it and a gasp could be heard. Murmurs filled the crowd. The child touched, blessed had been left behind, raised by the servants of the Shrine.

She snapped her fingers and several men and women came from out a side room robes in hand as they took it upon themselves to dress him in their most elegant and best fabrics.

The Priestess picked up the small girl. "This child has been blessed by you Zarlight, what shall be her name? Her destiny? So that we may raise her in your image."
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:04 am

Ryiou was startled as they came pouring out. He kept protesting as the elves proceeded to manhandle him into the clothing. It was so... it was bright and obnoxious. In the end, he looked down at himself in horror. Long robes, draping sleeves, shashes, jewels, silks.... With a grimace, he tore the sleeves off. That was... marginally better.

Then he looked up to see the child, the little girl, and the ridiculous elves milling about.

"I am not Zarlight, you... I'm Ryiou, the Black, of the Eternal Tribe." He said, looking to the child. "Does this child not have a name? Her family would not enjoy you renaming her so freely. And her destiny is her own to make. Where are the Tribes? Where is this? Is there a map of Anora?" May as well make use of their willingness.

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:10 am

"Of course Zarlight, as you say." In the background, there can be seen scribes suddenly rushing about, parchment in hand as they work quickly to take down every word that comes from their God's mouth.

"Surely you are aware Zarlight." The Priestess smiles softly. "This child was brought to you as an offering, she needed your protection. Her family is your family. You father the Sun" She gestures towards their sun again. "Has given her to you." The girl is put down and runs to his leg and clings to him.

"We are the Sun Elves, you are on the Isle of Light. There is perhaps a map somewhere, I shall send someone to get it for you at once." She snaps her fingers again and someone runs off and disappears.

"Please accept these other offerings." More elves came from the back rooms, carrying trays of foods from all over Anora, wines followed as an entire buffet was laid out before him. The little girl popped her thumb in her mouth as she quietly hummed the hymn of Zaralight.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 am

Ryiou raised a hand and pinched the bridge of his nose as the priestess went on. Of course likely not believing what he said, despite spouting off that he was their... God. At least they corrected themselves on his gender. Small steps.

Then the girl tossed herself at his legs and he groaned, still pinching the bridge of his nose. She was tiny and cute and sucking her thumb, reminding him of his children... which put a pang in his chest. So many had died... some her size or smaller.

He closed his eyes, groaning again. A child given as an offering. How barbaric. With a sigh he scooped her up and placed her on his hip - nevermind she was likely in her twenties.

"Just... Feed the child, pack a traveling pack for myself and her. Tell me the history of what I have missed while I was sleeping." He then looked to the orphan girl and sighed again.

"Elfrin a good name?" He asked the girl.

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:38 am

"Where shall you be going Zarlight, God of Warmth and Light?" The Priestess asked, as others went off to do as he said. "The girl is well cared for. She was given to you for protection. The caretakers of your shrine ensure that she is raised in your image." She smiles softly, her hands fold behind her back as she stands beside Zarlight.

"Which history would you like to know of Zarlight?" She asks and instead of waiting for an answer she discusses the Sun and Moon elves. Their society, the Sun Elves being the Healers of all of Anora's people, the Moon Elves being the Prophets of Anora's people using the mystical arts.

She walks with Zarlight, leading him around their small village as she discusses the rest of the Elven races, excluding the Night Elves. He can see the life around him and all it's people. No one wants for anything or needs for anything in their society.

As they walk she then discusses the Merfolk and their livelihoods along with which Merfolk live in which ocean. She explains which ocean is connected to which Isle. From the Merfolk, she talks about the Elementals and their long lost history, how only they are seen once in awhile in the Capital of Anora itself, Avallon. She discusses the Halflings and their island, she leaves nothing left to wonder. Eventually she lands on the Dracmorians and where they reside as well.

She breaks down each society excluding the Elementals as not much was known about them. Then she stops as they had made their rounds and stood once more at the steps of the Shrine. "The only Dragons that are well known are the ones that have aligned themselves with the Council Leader of the Dracmorians." She looks at him with a wry old smile, as if there is something more to add but she wouldn't do so around so many followers.

The little girl would followed them around the entire time, skipped ahead of them only to sit on the steps when they arrived back at the shrine. "Elfrin is a good name Zarlight. Thank you for naming me." She plays with some sticks and stones, making a little game in her mind out of them as she waits for what they shall be doing next.

"If you have time before you venture out Zarlight, please allow our people to worship you in your magnificent form." The Priestess holds her hand out behind them to the center of the Shrine. The Sun elves still gathered, word traveled though rather quickly and now their were Moon Elves gathering as well.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:21 pm

"That is none of your concern," Ryiou snapped, irritated by this turn of events. It was so very annoying. He reminded himself he needed to be patient and get through this to get all the information he could.

Listening gave him a sense of just how long he had been asleep. It was surprising, but he hid that. Instead of listening with a dispassionate air. In fact, he only really showed emotion other than annoyance when in regard to the elf girl, which accepted his naming her Elfrin. Silly child. They all were silly, really.

At the end of her little history lesson he eyed her with suspicion. "Who is leading the Dracmorian Council?" This would be important to know. When she mentioned worshipping him in dragon form and he saw the number of elves had swelled? Could you blame a dragon for, perhaps, looking a little ill? He was proud of his form, but this was utterly ridiculous.

An idea then appeared as he leveled a stony look upon the priestess. "Do you think that I woke for no reason? That in waking up I have time to stand about idle for you to bow and scrape to? I woke for a reason, and that reason is not to stay stationary and complacent. You will worship as you have, the Gods know I would never be able to change your fanatical mind on that. I will be continuing on. Whether Elfrin stays or goes with me will be up to her." He then looked to the little girl.

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:36 pm

The Priestess didn't seem offended at all by his turn of attitude. It was to be expected if anything else. As he had stated, he woke for a reason. "I do believe that it is still Azazel, he has controlled the Dracmorian's since the beginning of Anora." She replies as she looks at him. The little girl wandered off to play with a few friends and once she left, the Priestess turned and looked at Ryiou.

"Fanatical as you may think it is, it serves a purpose. You needed protecting and the Sun Elves needed a path. You provided one service and we provided another. It has been that way since you were first discovered. Our entire society is based around this faith. Whether you choose to agree or disagree, unmantling something as set as this cannot be done. The best thing you can do at this point is accept the fact you are worshiped. Shall you ever have a need or want, there will always be a Follower around to tend to your needs. A scribe most likely as well, to write down things you do and say. It has been this way for as long as there has been Sun Elves."

She had spoken in soft and low voice. Making sure that her words were heard by him and only him. "There are not many around these days that know the truth behind such stories." She smiles. "Such myths that have only been passed down to those that Need to know" She emphasized the word 'need' as she kept that smile on her face. "The little girl can stay with you, if that is what you want Ryiou, Zarlight of the Sun Elves. If she doesn't go with you, she will still be raised here regardless. We have done a fairly well job thus far." She looks back at the girl who comes carrying some food and bags. "It seems everything is in order."

She folds her hands in front of her. "Before you go, one request if you will indulge an old elven woman."
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:13 pm

"Azazel?" Ryiou said, seeming to seriously consider that bit of information. "That is interesting..." Azazel was a comrade in arms from before Anora, someone who would recognize Ryiou in an instant. But was Ryiou ready for that? Not yet.

When the child wandered away and the Priestess dropped the fantatical facade Ryiou actually paid her full attention. His reptilian purple eyes soaking up every aspect of her, ever expression and gesture... the inflections of her voice. She spoke in a way that lent to a pragmatism he previously would not have given her credit for possessing.

At the bit about the girl he looked over after where she had gone and pondered that. His lips pursed a bit. He watched as she came back with the things he had requested.

"Make your request, Priestess. Also, I had a sword. Is it around here? A katana forged of black metal, holding within it's every part the primal magic of dragons, forged within the fires of dragons." He certainly hoped the Scorched Blade came over with him. And if it did, that it was still here.

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:27 pm

She pressed her hands together and smiled delightfully. "Ah, well that will certainly be told to you soon enough." She turns and looks back at the shrine. "Tell me, what do you see?" She gestured towards the shrine.

She looks around at the people that still staring at him. "They need something." Her old eyes scanned the crowd. Several people came out and kissed the hem of his robes and several other's wouldn't even dare come close.

"We are a travelling people when we need to be." She says quietly. "Would you like the Sun Elves to follow you all over Anora or would you prefer one or two of them at a time?" She watches as other's move inside where his body once laid. Moving all of the offerings to different rooms off to the sides.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Oh great, she was back to being a cryptic priestess. He sighed and barely resisted rolling his eyes. These damn elves were going to be a major headache, he could see it now. Especially this one.

"I see pointy-eared humanoids with delusions. Yes, he was still annoyed, even if he understood where the priestess was coming from. He shook his robe out of the way of the people who kept coming up to him. It was creepy and he wished they would stop.

"I have no idea what you're getting at, but I don't want any of you following me. You want to travel, go travel and... do whatever it is you lot do. Just do not follow me around like lost pups. I'm not taking care of your all, and I am not going to save your hides from danger."

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:09 pm

She laughs softly at Zarlight's remark. "Well you con't honestly think an empty shrine would do either of u good then do you?" She smiles.

"Change back, let your magic make a statue of yourself inside. Then those that worship you can have a place of worship that isn't following you all over the lands." She looks at several of the disciples close back.

"If your magic can't not do so, then you will be stuck here until we can replicate you." She folds her hands behind her back again and walks inside, leaving him to determine which would be the better option for him.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:37 am

Raising up his hand, Ryiou pinched the bridge of his nose again. Great. She was asking him to make a statue of himself. But then another part of him reasoned it was a small price to pay. A statue to ensure he didn't have a small horde of elves following his every move.

He growled. "fine, but you do not get to dictate my pose, and clear out the shrine. I will do what you ask, Priestess. Then you will tell me where my sword is."

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:45 am

She turned back as she heard him speak. "They are already doing that if you hadn't taken note Zarlight." A smile shows on her old withered lips.

"Give them an hour. There is a lot to move. In the meantime, the maps have been brought. There is one map for each inhabitated isle." She gestures towards a room.

"If you'll come with me. I'll shall point on the map to where you sword rests."

Sent from Topic'it App
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Ryiou sighed and closed his eyes a moment. "I meant they themselves, not the offerings. No prying eyes." These elves were a trial. "Not even yourself."

He then followed her to the room she gestured toward. Moving to look at the Maps. These would come in handy and would certainly be coming with him. "Alright, Priestess, where is it?" He felt naked without the Scorched Blad on his hip.

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:56 pm

The Priestess has a smile on her lips but it doesn't reach her eyes. "Perhaps you misunderstand." She walks with him. "They will clear the room first, you'll have your space, then the offerings have to be returned."

She looked at the maps spread over the table. "I doubt you want your one and only Priestess with the knowledge you seek to be left out of anything done to the shrine. So you'll need to forgive an old elf for denying your request. The rest of your followers can be out, but I shall remain. I must ensure the temple stands."

She cuts the conversation short, not giving him a chance to reply before she delves into each map and the differences that each one holds. She leaves nothing out of the detail of who lives where.

Finally she pulls the Enchanted Isle back. "Avallon." She points to the largest mountain. "Is the capital of Anora has I've already stated. Your search the blade begins there. With a highly respected and world renown blacksmith family."

She walks back toward the entrance to the shrine. "Who they are is something you'll need to discover for yourself Zarlight." She smiles softly. "One cannot grow and learn the truth of things hidden if one does not go searching." She stops a moment and looks at him.

"Anora is wonderful on the surface as the creators planned, but underneathe, there are things that need to be dealt with. I believe this is why you have awoken Zarlight. Because you had the power then and you have the power now." A follower runs in and whispers something in her ear and she nods as they leave.

"Things are not as they appear. Trouble brews not far from here." She looks back at Ryiou. "Remember your followers Zarlight, God of Warmth and Light. For they are the healers of the people." She walks out of the room leaving him to his thoughts.

She ushers everyone out of the temple and stands at the entrance. "My fellow Sun Elves. Today is day that will go down in history. The day our Sun sent his son to us! Zarlight has finally awoken. Put your faith in him for he will lead us to the light!" She holds her arms up. "He must leave us to speak with other's of our world but do not fear! He is leaving us with a wondrous gift! Where he walks, we shall follow. Where he commands, we obey! For remember he is our Zarlight."

Once the words are finished, the entire crowd gathered around begins to sing. They are singing a hymn for their God. As the music grows, a glowing magic of oranges and yellows encase the crowd. Binding them all in the magic of the sun.

Sent from Topic'it App
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryiou The Black Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Ryiou sighed. He supposed that in the grand scheme that was as good as he was going to get out of her. This was still... undesirable. But then, this all was. At least his sleep had been protected, in a way. At least they were not humans. Frail little pigs with an inflated sense of self who multiplied worse than rabbits and were vastly less useful. Ryiou gave a nod. He'd allow that.

Settling in he listens as she described their world. The world many a dragon had given their life to create. The world he had nearly given his own life to create. Listening to her describe their world filled him with a sense of contentment. Contentment and a strong sense of curiosity. A lightness to his soul he hadn't felt for so long. Centuries spent filled with hate, rage and a general sense of discontent.

When she explains his search will start in this Avallon his eyes scan that location intently. Then they rose up to the Priestess as she walked away from him where he sat.

When she spoke of things yet left to be unfinished, potential unrest he nodded. There was no true utopia, after all. Removing the humans would only let them all go back to squabbling among their own selves.

He stayed quiet as his eyes went back to the map and began to plot a course. He was eager to obtain his sword once more, but he was eager to explore as well. Finally his need for the sword won out and he plotted the most direct route. But he also made note of possible alternatives. There was always a chance for something to go awry in a journey.

He is aware of the music as it raises with the voices of many and he pauses to listen. It was ridiculous that an entire religion developed, centered around him. Absurd, really. But... even he was aware of the movement of the magic. Faith and belief was a funny thing. As annoying as it would undoubtedly be... perhaps it would indeed be useful in the future

Eventually, when it seemed all was settled outside sometime later, and he had eaten, Ryiou moved out and motioned for the Priestess to follow.

"Lets get this done. I will leave the child in your hands. Your lot of fanatics will keep her well enough."

Ryiou The Black

Character sheet
Character Race:
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:11 pm

The Priestess nods her head and folds her hands as they settle behind her back. A small group comes up carrying things for travel for their Zarlight and the girl as well. "It seems the girl wishes to abide by your request from eariler." The Priestess laughs softly. "You should be careful with your words next time." She motions for the girl to be put down and she goes to stand by their Zarlight's side.

"You will have two others with her as well. And never forget we are always nearby somewhere out of sight at your discretion." She bows her head respectfully and the crowds gathered did the same.

[End thread]

Figured it was time to move on to other things.

Sent from Topic'it App
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum