The World of Anora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slipping Through Town

+2
Jansaadi
Wren
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Slipping Through Town Empty Slipping Through Town

Post by Wren Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Wren worried that he was still being followed, he slips into a crowd of people and he pulls up his hoodie avoiding all eye contact. Silently he slips into a general store and takes a small pouch of gold off of a guys belt. He slips it onto another guy's belt at his right. The guy notices a huge fight breaks out. Yes, exactly what I wanted.

Wren whispers under his breath, "Food tonight will be covered." He smirks as he grabs a few coins from another patron in the general store and he slips outside.

Behind Wren, people start shouting and a window breaks.
Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Slipping Through Town Empty Re: Slipping Through Town

Post by Diego Escalona Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:06 pm

Having been in town for a few days now, Diego decides it's time to take a trip to the local general store, he needed some food and supplies. He hadn't been there long when a boy slipped into the store. He wondered absentmindedly why a child was in the store unattended by his parents, but he shook his head and went about his own business.

After a few minutes a commotion broke out, and the shouting drew Diego's attention, as he came around the corner his eyes landed on the boy from earlier, he didn't miss a second of what the boy did. Actually he found the distraction quite clever. As the situation in the store escalated Diego quickly paid for his items, and slipped out the door following the boy through the suddenly growing crowd of spectators.

Once they were a safe distance from the chaos the boy had created, Diego slips up behind him, his deep voice clear enough for the boy to understand he was indeed talking to him.

"That was quite the disturbance you caused back there young man. Do you often retort to stealing and causing a riot in town?"
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet
Character Race: Merfolk of The Mirrored Sea
Companion: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 pm

Wren looks up at the strange man an mumbles "Great I was seen". "Since you have already seen me, my names Wren you can tell me yours if you want". He looks at the chaos in the shop and smiles.

Wren studied this strange man's face. As he study's his face he notices his ears. "Are you a elf? My mom use to tell story's about them". Wren sighs an tears up a bit at thought of his mother. He wipes his tears and opens a bag of chips and starts to eat. As he looks up into the sky he notices its about to rain. "Come lets get to shelter before its rains" Wren starts to walk into a hidden shelter
Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:43 pm

With a chuckle at the boys reaction Diego speaks once more, "I've got keen eyes, can't help that." The two stood there, studying each other for a brief moment before the boy broke the silence again. "Well Wren, I'm Diego. Funny enough, I am not an elf, this is simply the form I took on." Diego didn't miss the sudden tears that stained the boys face, but as quickly as they appeared he wiped them away.

Instead of saying anything Diego kept quiet, Anna was much more suited for the emotions of people than he was. He followed the boys gaze, and noticed the clouds darkening, when Wren spoke he nodded in agreement, after all Diego didn't need to be caught in the storm. Fins worked better in the water, not on land.

"Yes, you're right. We don't need to be caught in the rain. Come with me Wren I've a place we can go and you'll be safe."
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Wren walks to the inn with the man, Diego. He looks around and notices the fight has stopped and he laughs. "Well that was fun. Also thanks for not asking about why I was stealing". Wren sighs and looks away at the sky."I will explain when no one can hear but us".Wren looks behind to make sure no one is following them .

"So Diego if you're not an elf and you chose this form then what the hell are you". Wren says sarcastically "Are you a mermaid" Wren smiles and laughs at his own joke. Wren point's to the inn "Is that where we have to go or some other weird building. Also will there be other strange people?"

Sent from Topic'it App
Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Diego watched the town slip by them as the two walked, every once in a while telling the boy the direction to go. As they walked the boy began to speak, patiently Diego found himself answering the boy in an easy fashion.

"I assume your actions are for a reasons you will speak about when you are comfortable Wren, I don't pry into people's lives for no reason."

Diego caught himself laughing at the boys next question, is blunt words, and very acute assumption causing Diego to stare at the boy in both amusement and amazement. The boy was smarter than he looked.

"Indeed I am a mermen. And my abilities allow me to project the image of what people most want to see when I step onto the land. As for this.." He motioned with a nod to the inn they had stopped in front of, and then opening the door allowing the boy to enter before him. "Is indeed where we are going, and yes their will be other people, but don't worry Wren, none of us will harm you. If anything you seem to need protection, and that we will do. Now follow me."

As the door to the inn swung shut, the attended behind the desk nodded his hello, the questions in his eyes about the boy beside Diego left unanswered as they made their way through the sparse area and up the stairs to a room at the far end of the inn. With a quick knock to let the other's know he had returned, he opens the door, ushering Wren inside, before following suit and closing the door behind him.
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansaadi Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:34 pm

Jansaadi was carving out new arrow heads while they waited out the coming storm on Diego's behalf. Mal is comfortable but it seems the fish boy has brought company. It doesn't have a scent. Like that earth thing person.

Jan looked up and made a face to the others in the room. "I think we have company and Acantha seems to be off kilter on what it should smell like." She puts her arrowhead down and looks at Anna. "Acantha seems to think is has the same lack of scent that you have Anna." She looks from Anna towards the door as the knock is sounded and then opened.

"Good to see your legs are still legs." She chuckles and then eyes the young boy behind him. "What pour soul have you captured now Diego?"

Sent from Topic'it App
Jansaadi
Jansaadi

Character sheet
Character Race: Woodland Elf
Companion: Acantha(Shalkat) & Mal(Qitari)

Back to top Go down

Post by Annamakia Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:47 pm

Annamakia made no reply besides a small nod, the sound of the early drops of rain from beyond the walls of the place had her unnerved and clearly unhappy. Already 'she' had mumbled a few remarks in what passes for the native elemental tongue while sitting on the floor against one of the walls while idly trailing fingers over the stone to carve patterns which are later smoothed out by hand too.

'Her' gaze lifts when the door opens, watching the newcomers with a puzzled look. As Diego and Wren move closer, she'll move away to avoid any potential water drops from their clothes. A faint pressure of air will support this though there isn't that much pressure to it.
Annamakia
Annamakia
Admin

Character sheet
Character Race: Si'lat Elemental
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Wren looks up at the people in the room, unsure of his decision."My name is Wren im not a poor soul. I can take care of my self just fine. Ask Diego he saw what i can do. I can survive probably on my own" Wren study's each of there faces as he takes his hoodie off.

He stands there awkwardly fidgeting with his hands, as he plays with the current of the air in the room."so Diego these are the people you were talking about". Wren sighs, "I guess i have to tell you about why i was stealing" Wren sits in a corner."My mother is gone so im on my own for now". Wren glances at Diego when no one is looking as if to say theres more.
Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Raystlin Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:53 pm

From the back corner glowing gold eyes would be seen by Wren as Raystlin lower his hood and watches the young man right now with interest. He was used to seeing street urchins in the capital city and when he could he would do what he could for them in regards to coin and food and at times shelter depending on the weather.

For the moment now he would remain silent and just observe and let the others speak and slowly begin to learn the boy's story.
Raystlin
Raystlin

Character sheet
Character Race: High Elf
Companion: To Be Announced Later

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Diego takes a quick look about the room, eyes scanning while Wren finds a spot in an empty corner to settle into. Before he addresses Jansaadi he speaks to Anna first. "We made it before the rain Anna, neither of us are wet, so you're safe." He moves to set the items he had bought on an empty table in the room, before finally responding to Jansaadi. "At least I didn't try hooking him. Unlike someone I know. As for capturing? Hardly. He came willingly."

Before he could say anymore about the events and why he brought this child with him, Wren himself spoke up, and he couldn't help the chuckle that escaped at the boys words. He was indeed bold in his response, and obviously didn't care to sugar coat things. He would get along well with the rest of this rag-tag group.

As the boy finished speaking, Diego nodded, he didn't miss how Ray his eyes glowing that famous gold took in the situation, but he remained steadfastly quiet. More than likely analyzing before speaking up. He looks over at Wren as he himself finds a spot to stretch out on the floor.

"Yes, these are the people I was talking about. As for bringing him here, well he pick pocketed and started a riot in town, simply so he could get some food... He looked like he needed help.. and I was honestly curious..." Diego shrugs his shoulders before he speaks again. "So, I brought him here."

Diego was quick to take notice of the look Wren shot his way before his face went blank from all emotions. The boy had more to tell, but Diego knew he wouldn't share it with his other companions around. Though, why the boy found such trust in Diego he couldn't understand why, but it did make him feel good that someone, not effected by his charming abilities had taken so strongly to him.
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansaadi Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Jansaadi looks at the boy and then Diego. She sighs and rolls her eyes. "Again, it isn't my fault your tail flipping arse decided to take the hook willingly." She picks her arrow head back up and begins working the tip over.

Her eyes lift as Wren responds. "Obviously you are able to care for yourself." She flicks a piece of stone off the side of the arrow head. At that moment, a shout could be heard from down in the inn's reception area. Jansaadi laughed softly. "It seems Acantha is more then curious." She stands and moves toward the door. "Is your fur wet?" She runs her fingers through the shalkats thick and long coat. "Dry as a fiddle come on it."

Acantha stands nearly waist high to all the adults in the room, her tail is long and bushy and flicks from side to side. She has feline features to her white coat with black stripes and she chirps at the young boy. He is like the earth lady I think but different. He seems nervous and scared as well. Jansaadi nods as Acantha spoke to her mind. The shalkat walked over toward the boy called Wren and pushed her head into his hands. Her body weight clearly more then his as she fully laid on him, as if she was a lap cat. "Don't crush him Acantha." She laughs looking to Wren. "Wren meet Acantha. She is a Shalkat and also my companion. She wants to comfort you. She feels your sadness."

Jansaadi walks back to her chair, her eyes looking to Annamakia and Raystlin for a moment before she adjusts herself. "Where is your mother? Why is she gone?" She picks up her arrow head again. "Perhaps we could help you?" She flicks her gaze back to Wren as Acantha rubs her head against the boys chest, her head nearly bigger. "She seriously likes him. Diego, I trust the shalkat, as I am sure you trust animals as well."

She leans back in the chair. "What else are you not telling us?" She wasn't going to let that look go without inquiring. If they were going to help the boy, she needed to know all the details. One never went unprepared into a situation if possible.

Sent from Topic'it App
Jansaadi
Jansaadi

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Annamakia Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Sensing the conflicting influence on the rooms air Annamakia peers at the newcomer with renewed interest before she turns a smile on Diego, nodding 'her' thanks.
'They stole food?' the elemental thought to itself with interest, 'What are you boy? Why are you here and how did you come about?'

'She' shifts position, glad that neither of the two had got wet, straightening up and gazing up at the others from her seat on the floor.
"Who was your mother?" she asks, adding the question to Jansaadi's. That was the question that was of more interest to the elemental though Annamakia had no objections to helping.
Annamakia
Annamakia
Admin

Character sheet
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raystlin Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Ray still remains silent for it appeared that the boy was perhaps on edge and the gold of his eyes faded to their normal piercing brown as he sits down and listens to everyone speaking.

He felt for the boy he genuinely did as he did for all the urchins in Avallon but at the same time he had a mask that he needed to keep up and perhaps at a later time he and Wren could speak more. Maybe he would even offer the boy a job in his shop if the boy wanted it so he never had to steal ever again.

But what came next would probably shock or not it did not matter to him. His eyes glowed once more and Wren would feel his belt grow heavy as Ray used his magic to move a pouch full of coin from his bag to the boy's belt and attached.

He nods to Wren and looks away.
Raystlin
Raystlin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Wren looks at Jan. "Number one I have no idea where she is and number two strange tear people took her". Wren looks away and wipes a tear. "And yeah help would be nice if you guys want."

Wren then looks at Anna, "Her name was Nebula."Wren sighs and pulls his hood back up. "Its been three months since they took her. I have just been moving town to town. Blending in and stealing have become quite easy. This is.....isn't the first time I have seen them. When I was nine I found another tear by my village and we all had to move away.

Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Diego found himself sliding out of Acantha's way as she made her way in and through the room, suddenly nudging her way into Wren's lap as if she were the size of a small kitten, he chuckled at the sight. For an animal as fierce as the wood elf she traveled with she sure did take a quick liking to the boy, much he realized like himself.

"Jansaadi, take a deep breathe, he will talk in his own time There is no need to rush the boy." Diego responded in a quiet, but protective way. Diego shifted to a more comfortable position as Anna and Ray, both still not speaking aloud, but quietly observing the boy began to make their presence known by the way their body language spoke for them.

As Wren began to speak, Diego gives him a quizzical look, his interest stirred by the strange happenings surrounding Wren and his mother, though her name didn't seem familiar to him. "A strange tear? What do you mean? And, these.. people, they've been hunting you since you were nine?"

Diego's hand rubs along his jaw as he processes the boys words, what exactly was this boy running from, and why would they take his mother? Was she bait to get to him, or was she as sought after as he was? Now, Diego really needed to know more.

"Even if my companions refuse Wren, I will help you. But first, you need to start from the beginning and tell us everything."
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jansaadi Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Jansaadi looked from Wren to Anna as she asks her own question as well. She didn't look towards Ray, it seemed he still had nothing to say. He took in all going on first it would seem to her.

A tear? she thought to herself as she listened to Wren. Her eyes flashed to Diego, why did she need to take a deep breathe? The boy obviously needed help and they couldn't offer any help if he didn't respond.

She shook it off though as the boy continued. "Nebula is a beautiful name. No doubt as is your mother." She offers a smile.

She processed what the boy had said as well as what Diego was asking and put her feet up in an empty place across from her, fiddling with the arrow head still.

She would let Deigo take over. It was obvious that the boy seemed at ease with the merman more then with anyone else, aside from the shalkat in his lap anyway.

Sent from Topic'it App
Jansaadi
Jansaadi

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Annamakia Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 pm

"People from a strange tear.. Did no one look for her?" the elemental politely adds to the earlir question 'she' had asked when another rises up at the mention of the name, "What was she?" This last question held weight, Nebula could be a named used by one of the Five Peoples.

As she spoke she gently pushed at the air to blow some of the hair from the boys face so she could more clearly see it. More than that she was curious as to what his reaction would be.

Diego was clearly taking charge and she was more than willing to listen to the tale to see if help was possible, but she stayed on the floor. Diego had a bond that was clear, Annamakia had no intention of getting between that despite her interest.
Annamakia
Annamakia
Admin

Character sheet
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:26 pm

"I dont know if they have been following me. All I know is that they took her. I know nothing about what the tears are all I know is that they walked out of the tear." Wren nods at ray an then looks at Anna." She was a Djinn ." Wren smiles as his hair goes up."I don't know, the last thing she said was run and thats what I did".

Wren looks at Jan. "Many men loved her but she denied them all for my father." Wren sighs at the thought of his father he had no idea who he was. Wren pets Acantha and smiles. You're a cool cat or a really really big cat but super fluffy." He holds Acantha with a smile.

Wren looks at Diego. "My mother fought them off so I could run and get away. So I ran as far as I could and I ended in the town to our right. I stopped at a store and stole to eat. I was there for about two months then I saw them again and hid in the woods. The next day I went into a new town, this town. That's how I met Diego and now here we are."

Sent from Topic'it App
Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Diego simply listens to the conversation, taking everything in as everyone speaks and interacts with Wren. And when Wren responded once more, Diego realized he directed his answers in his direction instead of to the others. Instead of commenting, Diego answered quietly, trying to coax the boy into feeling more comfortable with the others around.

"Is there any chance you know where your mother may have been taken, or why? You've been on the run for three months, which Island is your home? And can you describe the men that seem to be following you?"
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raystlin Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Ray had heard enough and quietly stood now and walked over to Wren and smiled at the boy placing his hand on the boy's shoulder.  "You are in good hands and well taken care of.  When you are ready come to Avallon and seek out the House of Morrow."  He continues to smile and then looks to the rest of them with a serious look.

"Guess this gives me a good reason to use the adamite.  Come grab me in Avallon in three days time.  I will have us prepared what is going on."  The information scared him.  What did this tears mean?  He needed to go speak to the elven council and his parents as well.

Placing his hood over his head once more he exits and heads off to Avallon.
Raystlin
Raystlin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Isle Guardian Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:59 pm

As the High Elf leaves the Inn a group walks in leaving another outside. One turns and follows the High Elf. "Excuse me, Sir?" Says a voice from a women, hood covering her face and her features seem hidden in the rain.

The four in the Inn spread out. They don't look like your normal travelers. Two take off their cloaks and ask for a room. "I am sorry but we are full at the moment." The receptionist replies. The other two are already stalking around the corner and moving down the first floor halls.

Upstairs Acantha jumps from Wren's lap and her hair stands on end and she growls low in her body. Jansaadi stands as well. "Well, group. It is time to move." She throws the balcony window open as rain falls. "Anna, what can we do to help move you from here?" Acantha's telepathy reaches each person in the room, her power seemingly straining her. We must go now! She latches her jaws around the boys clothes forcing him to stand.
Isle Guardian
Isle Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Annamakia Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:15 pm

'A Jinn?' Annamakia thought to herself, 'Now that is interesting, but if it was any of the five people then that makes the most sense.'

"It is good that you ran when you were told," 'she' remarks before smiling at the childs description of his mother. "Impressive that you survived alone for this many months as well, not many would be able to without getting themselves in trouble."

When Raystlin stands, the elemental looks his way. The thought of going to Avallon was not one she liked all too much, but what choice was there now? The boys safety was important whatever his parentage and who knows what these tears meant. Then again, Avallon..

The sound of others moving enforces the point and 'she' climbs to her feet. "I couldn't risk the rain, so I'll have to make my own way. I can find you all in Avallon if I can and don't see you before that."
Annamakia
Annamakia
Admin

Character sheet
Companion:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wren Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Wren starts thinking in his head. They turned me in. I knew they were all too nice. Wrens pets the cat and whispers."I'll be in the woods." Wren stands up as Acantha pulled him.

Wren looks at the people in the room. His eyes widen and he stares."You guys turned me in and I trusted you!!" Wren then looks at Anna."You...You would turn in your own kind to these people they took my mother!! Who knows what they will do to me!!" Wren tears up and he jumps out the window before anyome can do anything else or say anything else. He uses the air current to slow his fall down and then turns towards the trees running into the woods, the only place he calls home now.

He can't trust anyone. Why did he let his guard down?
Wren
Wren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diego Escalona Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:33 pm

As Ray left the room, Diego stretched every muscle in his body aching from the long swim between oceans just yesterday before he met back up with the others here at the inn. When he took to land again, he had decided to take on the elf form once more. A form he found himself growing comfortable with. Besides, he hadn't wanted to startle Anna by taking on a different form of a race she hadn't actually come across just yet.

Diego's thoughts wondered aimlessly, but he was startled from them when Acantha moved from Wren's lap with urgency, and Jansaadi stood abruptly from her spot, the window to the room being opened in a hurry. Jumping to his feet, Diego suddenly felt tense as strange voices, filtered through the usually quiet inn. A foreboding feeling in his gut told him Jansaadi was right, and they needed to move.

But, before he could make a sound, or move another muscle Wren's voice broke through the confusion, a sadness tinting his every word. Diego felt the fine hairs on his neck stand up as the boys words settled on the tense air of the room, shocked Diego turned to him, mouth agape to say something but before anything could come out, the boy with rage and tears stinging at his eyes, bolted from the room and out through the open window before any of the adults could do anything to stop him.

"Fuck. Anna. He didn't mean that. He's scared and confused."

Diego moved to the window quickly, one leg already hanging out before he turned back to the ladies.

"Jansaadi, I trust you still have the conch shell I gave you before we parted ways the other day? I suggest you two meet up with Ray, and the three of you find safety. I'm going after Wren. Whoever that is downstairs, is after him. He can't be alone."

Swinging his other leg out of the window, he perches preparing for the drop below and before he vanishes from sight, he speaks once more. "Jan, contact me when you are safe. And ladies? Be careful. We don't know what we're getting involved in." Without waiting for a response from the others Diego drops to the ground below, the impact hard but causing him little pain, with a quick glance about himself he darts off in the direction of the woods, hoping that he could catch up to Wren before anything else could go wrong.
Diego Escalona
Diego Escalona

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: